The School Newspaper of Coldwater High School.

the chs mirror

Focus Time Focuses on Improvement

by Kiersten Knapp, Staff

Focus hour, a place to work on your homework, read a book, talk with friends and listen to music depending on the teacher, so basically a study hall for about a half hour.

Who ever is your focus hour teacher will continue to be so throughout the whole high school career, unless it has to be changed or some reason.

This time of the day allows students to catch up or do any homework they need to get done.

Since it’s the fourth hour of the day, students  have the option of working on homework from the three hours, or finishing up homework from the night before that might be due in the afternoon.

If there’s nothing to do that day some students will find a good book to read.

Now when freshman normally come to the high school, they normally have their mindset on how they can use phones and play on them.  Honestly most of the the teachers don’t like when students play on their phones and don’t recommend it unless used otherwise for school work.

An added benefit to focus hour is that the teacher can help you on anything you’re stuck on. If you don’t prefer to ask the teacher, then as long as you’re working the teacher will usually allow students to work with someone else as long as they’re being productive.

Now if its taken advantage of, working with others, then that privilege will be lost and that makes it to where you will work by yourself or with the teacher.

If being too loud or obnoxious with another student, or just in general, the teacher will send you out to the hallway or send the student to go to RTC. Most likely they won’t tolerate it if it gets to being too out of hand.

Also focus hour allows you to go see other teachers to make up any missing assignments.

Say you missed a test or exam and there’s no time after school to make it up or redo because of sports, riding the bus, or something else going on after school. Focus is a great time to make it up.

If there’s a lab or work that needs to get done that couldn’t of been finished by the time the bell rang, then focus hour is a great time to finish the assignment. While doing this, the teacher will be able to help or answer any questions you may have to ask.

Focus hour is the time of day to catch up on work, do homework, or read. The choice is yours of what you plan on doing with the time given.

• Focus Time Focuses on Improvement

Mirror's Best

Senior Perspective: Racing Against Time

• Focus Time Focuses on Improvement

Mirror's Best

Same Crap Different Day

• Mirror's Best

The People Matter

• Focus Time Focuses on Improvement

Mirror's Best

Would you feel safer at CHS if concealed weapons were permitted?

• Focus Time Focuses on Improvement

Mirror's Best

Should It Really Take 3 months To Log on?

• Focus Time Focuses on Improvement

Mirror's Best

When does removing a student from class go too far?

• Focus Time Focuses on Improvement

Mirror's Best

Backpacks should not be in classrooms

• Focus Time Focuses on Improvement

A&E

Tired, Stressed, and Bored

• Focus Time Focuses on Improvement

FYI

10 Simple Steps to Eating Clean

• Focus Time Focuses on Improvement

Cardinal Voices

The best of Rome

Focus Time Focuses on Improvement