The School Newspaper of Coldwater High School.

the chs mirror

Senior Essay Abby Swick

by Abby Swick, Staff

These past four years I have grown from being an annoying pre-teen to a less annoying teen. I have grown physically and mentally. These years have had their ups and downs, but over all I have enjoyed my time here but I am ready to move on.

As a freshman I was nervous. Nervous to mess up, nervous to be hated, nervous to fail. My first year I was scared, but as all freshman, I was also annoying. I was nervous I would walk into the wrong class or I would have no friends in my classes.I did not want to walk to my classes by myself. My first year was not too scary because I had my older sister, Lauren. Even though she was mean to me sometimes, she was meaner to people who were mean to me.

Sophomore year I was more confident. After one year being here, I thought I had mastered the system. I knew where all my classes were, or so I thought. I did not know there was two Burns, so I there I was sitting in a physics class, instead of 10th grade English. All my classes were easy and I learned to barely put effort into my class work, which got me through the year. I was fine until the end of the year when my sister graduated and I realized I would not have her around the next year.

Junior year started like freshman year because I felt alone again without Lauren. I had to walk into school by myself and my parents had to pick me up again because I could not ride with her. In the middle of the year, however,  I got my own car and I could drive myself, but I still often felt alone.

Senior year I started not worried if I was alone  anymore, and I no longer worry if I have friends in every class. I do not mind if I walk down the halls by myself. I had more friends than I could imagine this year, simply due to the accumulation in my time here, but I did not have to see them all the time. I was no longer worried about what someone was wearing or who was dating who. The drama ceased to matter anymore, and I was only counting down the days until I was done with CHS.

Now that I am almost done here I realize I did not have to rush the years because they will rush by all on their own.

• Senior Essay Abby Swick

Mirror's Best

Senior Perspective: Racing Against Time

• Senior Essay Abby Swick

Mirror's Best

Same Crap Different Day

• Mirror's Best

The People Matter

• Senior Essay Abby Swick

Mirror's Best

Would you feel safer at CHS if concealed weapons were permitted?

• Senior Essay Abby Swick

Mirror's Best

Should It Really Take 3 months To Log on?

• Senior Essay Abby Swick

Mirror's Best

When does removing a student from class go too far?

• Senior Essay Abby Swick

Mirror's Best

Backpacks should not be in classrooms

• Senior Essay Abby Swick

A&E

Tired, Stressed, and Bored

• Senior Essay Abby Swick

FYI

10 Simple Steps to Eating Clean

• Senior Essay Abby Swick

Cardinal Voices

The best of Rome

Senior Essay Abby Swick