The School Newspaper of Coldwater High School.

the chs mirror

One That’s Worth Watching

by Jake Fair, Mirror Staff

How would you react if you walked over to talk to your youngest sibling and suddenly, he was nowhere to be seen? Your youngest sibling is lost, for 25 years to be exact. Everything changes. New home, new life, new family.

How far would you go to search for your loved ones again?

Lion is the incredible true story of one man who tries to reunite with his family. The firm is  rated PG-13.

The movie, Lion, is by far one of the best movies I have ever seen.   If you are somebody who is a sucker for true stories, then listen up.

Written by Saroo Brierley and Luke Davies, directed by Garth Davis, and made by Principal Photography, this movie is for everyone.

The actors include Sunny Pawar, Dev Patel, Nicole Kidman, and David Wenham. This movie is filled with drama, courage, and adventure.

This film is based off of a true story. Saroo, who was five years old, fell asleep on what appeared to be an abandoned train, and once he woke up, the train was moving thousands of miles across India away from his home and family.

Saroo learns to survive alone before he was adopted by an Australian couple. 25 years pass by, and Saroo still hasn’t seen his family again. He becomes determined that he will see them again, and he goes out to find his first family and tries to return to them.

Saroo, at first, was a very adventurous little boy who didn’t know one word of English. As he grows older, his English skills get tremendously better. Sue and John Brierley are Saroo’s adopted parents. They have never had any kids and were over the moon excited to have Saroo. They are very loving and caring and they raised Saroo for 25 years.

This film is an attention-getter. It will grab your attention in the snap of a fingers and you can’t do nothing but watch. The transition in languages is an eye opener, too.

The movie starts out with everyone speaking Bengali, then the transition moves towards English.

The emotions also change throughout the movie. The ending will make anyone tear up. I won’t give it away, but be prepared. Happiness, sadness, and stress are the three main emotions that play in this film.

I recommend this movie for a few reasons. One, it is a true story. All movies can be great, but to watch one based on something that actually happened? Its incredible.

Also, the drama that plays in this film is an eye opener. Anyone can act like something tragic happened to them, but to actually see tears come out and the wide range of emotions, it is quite amazing.

Lion is one movie that I highly recommend to everybody, but preferably to teenagers and adults. Although this movie is definitely not for children under 13.

Should you go see this movie? Yes, absolutely. This will be one of the best movies you have ever seen, I guarantee.

• One That’s Worth Watching

Mirror's Best

Senior Perspective: Racing Against Time

• One That’s Worth Watching

Mirror's Best

Same Crap Different Day

• Mirror's Best

The People Matter

• One That’s Worth Watching

Mirror's Best

Would you feel safer at CHS if concealed weapons were permitted?

• One That’s Worth Watching

Mirror's Best

Should It Really Take 3 months To Log on?

• One That’s Worth Watching

Mirror's Best

When does removing a student from class go too far?

• One That’s Worth Watching

Mirror's Best

Backpacks should not be in classrooms

• One That’s Worth Watching

A&E

Tired, Stressed, and Bored

• One That’s Worth Watching

FYI

10 Simple Steps to Eating Clean

• One That’s Worth Watching

Cardinal Voices

The best of Rome

One That’s Worth Watching