The School Newspaper of Coldwater High School.

the chs mirror

My Senior Essay

by Andy Woodcox, Author

What can I say, other than that I am speechless at how fast these past four years at CHS have gone by.

ack when I was a freshman I thought it would take me forever to go through all four years, yet here I am, a senior on the verge of graduation.

My experience here at CHS was one that I’m sure I will never forget. I met so many new people and made so many new friends that it’s hard to count. From these new friendships came many memories that I will surely remember.

From the bad times to the good times I would have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my high school experience.

As graduation is gradually creeping up on me and my fellow seniors, it’s finally making me see the reality that high school, those all important years of the American culture, is finally over with.

With just a handful of school days left and about twenty or so days until graduation, it seems way too surreal to be happening.

I remember going to a lot of my cousins graduations when I was pretty young and I saw them wear these funny hats and weird clothes.

Once their names were called they went up to a podium and got something called a diploma. My mom explained to me that is what happens when you graduate from high school.

So while I watched my cousins and friends walk up and receive their diplomas throughout the years, I never once thought that I would eventually be the one to wear the cap and gown and be the one receiving my diploma.

To my teachers I say thanks for everything that you instilled in me over the years, which has made me into the person I am now. I learned a lot over the years, more than I thought was possible.

I learned a lot of useful information, but I was also able to learn quite a bit about myself during these four years as well.

While there were some teachers that I preferred over others, I know that they were all able to get me to the point of graduation and successfully prepare me for college.

I couldn’t have wished for better friends to spend my high school years with. Some of my friends I’ve known since Elementary school, and while I didn’t get to meet my others friends until middle school and high school, I’m so glad I was able meet each and everyone of them.

Each one of my friends has their own unique personality, which made them into great people and great friends that I know today.

I’ll miss all of my friends once we finally go our separate ways. However, wherever we go after high school and college, I know we’ll always keep in touch.

All of the teachers I’ve had, the friends I’ve made over the years, and the memories that were made are all very special to me. I’m not sure where life will take me, but whatever it has in store for me I’ll find out soon enough.

My Senior Essay