The School Newspaper of Coldwater High School.

the chs mirror

Girls Soccer Preview

by Fadel Said, Girls Soccer Preview

Girls soccer is getting underway this week. All the girls who play soccer are really excited and pumped to begin there 2016 soccer season.

The varsity team has 9 returning varsity players, including  Maggie and Samantha Pool, Madison Scheetz, Madison Marsh, Bre Eddy,  Amanda Daoud Jasmine Wallet, and Meghan Hoath.

As the girls varsity head coach, Ken Delaney stated “We have a lot of new young talent and also some returning key players.”

The 3 captains for varsity this season are Maggie Pool, Meghan Hoath, and Madison Marsh.

Maggie and Megan are both seniors, while Madison Marsh is the junior captain.

Last year, Madison Marsh and Megan Hoath led the offensive line, which was one of the best offensive line of CHS soccer history.

As the starting goalkeeper Nadia Kiersey said, “We have a good line up on defense. The girls do a good job at talking and getting wide for a pass. I believe that the season will be a great season and that we will have a fun one as well.”

Maggie Pool was not a big threat offensively, but she was one of the main players, and most of the plays ran through her because she was the defensive mid, and had to play offensively and defensively.

Captain Maggie Pool is looking forward to this season.

“I think this year is going to be a successful year for the varsity team, because we have really good players with talent returning, and we have been playing over the winter so our communication is little better than last year, ” Pool said.

The team’s first game is March 28th at home against a strong opponent, Three Rivers High School.

As one of the main returners to the varsity team this season Amanda Daoud said, “I think this will be a successful season. We have enough great players to fill both the offense and defense and I am expecting the team to go very far this year. It looks like this will be the best season that the Coldwater High School Girls Varsity team has had.”

Breanna Eddy a right midfielder who has been a starter since her junior said “ This is our year, we are expected to be the I-8 Champs and go far in the state tournament, because we have a lot of talent at every position.”

As a fan and a helper of the team Azam Ahmed said, “ I think this year they are going really far and will make it to the state playoffs.”

We are all looking forward to great things from this team.

• Girls Soccer Preview

Mirror's Best

Senior Perspective: Racing Against Time

• Girls Soccer Preview

Mirror's Best

Same Crap Different Day

• Mirror's Best

The People Matter

• Girls Soccer Preview

Mirror's Best

Would you feel safer at CHS if concealed weapons were permitted?

• Girls Soccer Preview

Mirror's Best

Should It Really Take 3 months To Log on?

• Girls Soccer Preview

Mirror's Best

When does removing a student from class go too far?

• Girls Soccer Preview

Mirror's Best

Backpacks should not be in classrooms

• Girls Soccer Preview

A&E

Tired, Stressed, and Bored

• Girls Soccer Preview

FYI

10 Simple Steps to Eating Clean

• Girls Soccer Preview

Cardinal Voices

The best of Rome

Girls Soccer Preview