The School Newspaper of Coldwater High School.

the chs mirror

Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016

by Emily Root, Cardinal Staff

A familiar face in the office plans to retire next year.  

Mr. Nastally, a guidance counselor here is CHS, plans to retire by halfway through next year as soon as he can get his house sold. “Someday after January 1st 2017, probably the first week after christmas break”

After retirement, Nastally plans to  move to Buxton, North Carolina, where he is going to live right on the outer banks of North Carolina.  In fact, he will live less than a football field away from the ocean.

When he gets there he plans to eat a lot of shrimp because  they are sold for $4 per pound. He says that he is looking forward to how different it will be down there.

“I always miss my trees whenever I go anywhere. I’m going to miss my trees.”Nastally says that the biggest struggle for him while he is there is finding something to do during the day when he usually would be working.

When asked if he planned on getting another job when he gets there, he didn’t answer directly but he says that there are a lot of options he can choose from.

“I have my license in counseling so I could charge $100-$200 an hour for you to come talk to me.”

Nastally is drawn to this area because of a vacation he went on once in Maryland. He loved it, but felt that the beach was so crowded and then he discovered where he wants to go and how close it is to the beach-with not so many people.

He says that he likes how small that the town is because he is more of a homebody and doesn’t mind doing all of the social stuff.

“It’s like Tekonsha on the ocean, you can walk for miles and not even see a person.”

He is excited about never having to use a lawn mower again. He says that all he needs is a weed wacker for the tall weeds and a shovel and leaf blower to move the sand.

“I have flat feet, so I’m not so much looking forward to walking on all of the sand.”

Mr. Nastally plans to build an elevator in his house after he builds it. He is thinking ahead for even further into the future because his father had a stroke, so he couldn’t get up and down stairs.

“If I end up the same as my dad, I will be prepared and the nurses can come to me.”

He adds that it will be about $25,000 to put in, but it is way less expensive than a retirement home in the long run.

The lot that he owns is only 60ftx120ft, but since it is just going to be he and his wife living there, they won’t need much space.

Houses have to build the houses farther up though because of the flood.

The houses are actually built on stilts because they have to be 8ft off of the ground in order to be safe.

Nastally’s property is still a vacant lot now, but when he gets down to North Carolina, he and his wife will start building it.

Even though he will be leaving CHS next year, Nastally has a lot to look forward to in his future.

• Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016

Mirror's Best

Senior Perspective: Racing Against Time

• Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016

Mirror's Best

Same Crap Different Day

• Mirror's Best

The People Matter

• Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016

Mirror's Best

Would you feel safer at CHS if concealed weapons were permitted?

• Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016

Mirror's Best

Should It Really Take 3 months To Log on?

• Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016

Mirror's Best

When does removing a student from class go too far?

• Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016

Mirror's Best

Backpacks should not be in classrooms

• Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016

A&E

Tired, Stressed, and Bored

• Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016

FYI

10 Simple Steps to Eating Clean

• Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016

Cardinal Voices

The best of Rome

Nastally Plans for Retirement in 2016