The School Newspaper of Coldwater High School.

the chs mirror

Keep it Moving, Folks!

by Kiersten Knapp, Staff

Hallways in high school are a place where people cross to get to classes, a place to get to their lockers, or even a place to take a break from the classrooms.

Unfortunately, some people don’t understand how hallways work.

These are the people who seem to think that’s it’s ok to stop directly in front of you to have a conversation with anyone they see.

Or the couples in the halls, that’s another one.

I’m not against y’all dating because,good you’re happy and all and like to show everyone how happy you are to be together,  but please don’t stop to smooch..

Smooch somewhere else and stay out of people’s way.

No wonder the halls are always crowded and people are late getting to their class on time, they’re either to distracted talking with friends, catching up on the hour that they were away from each other, or their goofing off.

Those goofing off are usually freshmen, but it isn’t out of the ordinary to have other aged students chasing each other and causing chaos in the halls.

Sometimes when the halls are like this one needs to just shove through them and don’t give them a warning, just go for it.  Who cares if they get mad because they were the ones in the way causing road blockage in the halls.

Others think it’s a place to play around, as in running through the halls and pushing each other.

What about those people who walk as slow as possible so that way as your walking behind them.  This often ends up with you stepping on their shoes, dress, or pants.

So once that happens you end up getting some kind of death glare.

All you have to do to respond to the death glare they give you, is just to smile and wave such as the penguins do in Madagascar.

Then you have the ones who think their the big stuff, so during our little 5 minute break, you may even catch hold of a fight due to some stupid drama that most people can’t keep their nose out of.

It’s funny to hear people who say they hate drama and wish it would all go away, when they are either making it their business or the ones causing it. Don’t like the drama, don’t start or get into crap, it’s pretty simple.

And what gives with girls in the hallway redoing their make up in their locker or brushing their hair, trying to stay cute for the boys?  I’m not trying to be mean, but it’s comical to see them redoing their make up at their small little lockers with others around them.

We have bathrooms for a reason girls, so if you’re going to be touching up your make up.

OK so then as we’re walking we will see a new person everyday injured making them walk on crutches or be in a wheelchair. There are so many people that will pass them and not move out of the way, or they will be the ones to barge through you or stop in front of you to have a conversation. Once they get hit after that, I have no sympathy for them because they brought that upon themselves.

Hallways are insane and packed full of people who need to know what’s going on around them and  learn that it’s a place to walk not stand in the middle of the hall, walk as slow as possible, do their make up, or move out of the way.

If you are one of these people, change your behavior before someone runs you down.

• Keep it Moving, Folks!

Mirror's Best

Senior Perspective: Racing Against Time

• Keep it Moving, Folks!

Mirror's Best

Same Crap Different Day

• Mirror's Best

The People Matter

• Keep it Moving, Folks!

Mirror's Best

Would you feel safer at CHS if concealed weapons were permitted?

• Keep it Moving, Folks!

Mirror's Best

Should It Really Take 3 months To Log on?

• Keep it Moving, Folks!

Mirror's Best

When does removing a student from class go too far?

• Keep it Moving, Folks!

Mirror's Best

Backpacks should not be in classrooms

• Keep it Moving, Folks!

A&E

Tired, Stressed, and Bored

• Keep it Moving, Folks!

FYI

10 Simple Steps to Eating Clean

• Keep it Moving, Folks!

Cardinal Voices

The best of Rome

Keep it Moving, Folks!