The School Newspaper of Coldwater High School.

the chs mirror

Too Difficult to Clean Up after Yourself?

by Kiersten Knapp, Mirror Staff

The school bathrooms are disgusting and have a few problems with them.

In the girls bathroom, the stalls are gross, and there are complaints from other girls how there isn’t full body mirrors, and that they have to walk all the way to one of the bathrooms that do, to you know check their outfits or go take some selfies by themselves or friends.

The stalls on the other hand are a different story. We can’t blame the janitors for not cleaning them because they do, but we can blame the students.

Many people don’t know why people destroy the bathrooms, but I think I do. It’s about power. When people destroy things they feel they have control, so they’ll ruin anything they can.

Its because they don’t have respect for anything or anyone, people like that think they can do anything, especially when it comes to trashing bathrooms or rooms in general and that other people will clean up their mess.

People like that obviously have never respected themselves, others, or maybe something that’s been given to them. They don’t respect others property.

What they should do is learn how to pick up their crap and not use as much toilet paper that ends up clogging the toilets. They need to learn respect and know that just because we have a janitor doesn’t mean we should have a contest on who can trash or make the biggest mess.

Then when there’s a mess around them then they don’t clean up because their either to lazy or they don’t care. Or others will see if but will think it’s gross to clean and because its not theres so they don’t feel the need to want to.  Either way it’s gross to walk into to, its gross to clean up, its just gross period to see it.

Speaking of periods, ladies when you are on your monthly there are ways to keeping it hidden. And by hidden i mean thrown away in the trash.

You don’t flush them, that can cause the toilets to plug, then its another reason for the janitor to come along and clean it up and have others walk past it. Its hard to believe that you girls seem to think it’s ok for others to see that, it happens, its natural but its disgusting for others to see…

To fix this problem, throw them away, wrap them in toilet paper that way others cant see, then throw them away. As said before do not flush them.

I’d love to see you guys clean up that mess, maybe you’d see what it’s like to do it. It’s not their mess to clean up its yours.

So then the toilet seats, both guys and ladies here so listen up.

When there’s a mess on the seat, clean it, it’s gross to see, its gross to clean it up, and its awful to see when the other person had left it for another to see and clean up. Some I guess don’t know when it happens? Maybe? I don’t know whatever it is, check maybe that way there won’t be that issue.

One more thing i’ve noticed about the bathrooms and stalls in general is that there is writing with sharpie in them, that is considered as a type of vandalism. Why they do it beats me, because we have white boards and paper to do it on, not bathroom stalls. How immature can you be to think it’s ok to write crap in the stalls especially cuss words? Arnt we high schoolers, teenagers not children?

Then for the ladies who do their makeup on bathrooms will leave powder on the counters when it’s a simple fix to clean it up with a paper towel that is wet.

Or even when there’s water and soap around the sink, just take a paper towel and dry it up. Its common courtesy and respect that’s all.

All these simple things that can be fixed by us, that we can change about our school bathrooms, make them look better, make more people use them?

If you haven’t noticed the key word here, it’s CLEAN, Clean your own mess up, don’t let others do it especially your janitor, just because they work there and that’s what they do is clean and try to make everyone else happy, doesn’t mean they should have to clean what you left in the stalls or the bathroom.

• Too Difficult to Clean Up after Yourself?

Mirror's Best

Senior Perspective: Racing Against Time

Mirror's Best

Same Crap Different Day

• Mirror's Best

The People Matter

Mirror's Best

Would you feel safer at CHS if concealed weapons were permitted?

Mirror's Best

Should It Really Take 3 months To Log on?

Mirror's Best

When does removing a student from class go too far?

Mirror's Best

Backpacks should not be in classrooms

A&E

Tired, Stressed, and Bored

FYI

10 Simple Steps to Eating Clean

Cardinal Voices

The best of Rome